If you’re experiencing problems in Outlook by means of your PST file, you can attempt to fix them. It’s pretty common to get several PST files, and several times, we’re made to create PSTs to guard the data against loss or to enhance the Outlook performance.
If you wish to back up your data yourself, you may use the Export and Import procedure. However, there are a number of situations it gets really tough for an administrator to manage so many PST files.
Thanks to that, the changes are easily reversed. You might be facing issues because of multiple PST files. So, in this post, we will be discussing the manual techniques to compact PST files.
The Quick Steps to Compact PST File in Outlook 2016
You’re able to transfer PST files from 1 computer to another, but if you simply copy and paste the principal PST file, you’ll get everything, including contacts and emails. In the very first area, you should open all the PST files that you need to merge. PST data files aren’t accessible online.
To merge the Outlook PST file, you need to create a new Outlook PST file. Follow the below-mentioned steps to build a new Outlook PST file.
- Launch Outlook Application
- Click on New items >> More Items >> Select Outlook data file.
- Please specify the location to save the newly created Outlook PST and name the file as appropriate.
In this step, we have to import the data of the old Outlook PST file into the newly created Outlook PST file. Follow the below-mentioned step to import OLD PST data to a brand new Outlook PST file
- Launch the Outlook application for the second time.
- Click on File button >> Open >> Import.
- In the import/export wizard, select the option to import from another program or file.
- Click on Next.
- Choose the file type and select Outlook PST file format.
- Click on browse to select the file from local storage. Select other options if you do not want to import duplicate content. Click on Next.
- Click on the select folder option to import from the check the include subfolder and import items in the same folder option.
- At last, click on the Finish option to complete the process to compact multiple Outlook PST file.
The Honest Comment on Manual Solution to Compact PST File
This remedy is functional but not too secure.
Undoubtedly, one of the absolute most efficient precautions is to persist in regular data backups, which will make it possible for you to recover Outlook data a whole lot more easily.
Hence, a number of users ask for the merging techniques of PST because it is going to help users to look after the data and decrease the possibilities of data loss or data corruption.
There are other limitations that also exists while compacting Outlook PST file. Some of them are time-consuming and hectic processes.
It requires more technical knowledge to try the manual solution to add two pst files into a single Outlook data file. So, It is advisable to go with the professional solution to compact Outlook data files.
Professional Solution to Compact Outlook Data File
In the above section, we have discussed the manual solution to compact Outlook PST files and its limitations too.
Now we are discussing the professional solution to compact multiple Outlook data files into a single file.
One such solution is the PST Merge tool. It is one of the best solutions that I have used earlier to brilliantly and precisely split Outlook PST files.
Let’s discuss its features and work in detail.
1. Download and Install the software on your Windows operating system.
2. Click on add files or folder option to add Outlook data files from the system.
3. Select the option that you want to do with the Outlook data file.
4. By default, PST Merger software provides three different operations to perform on PST files. Select anyone as per your requirement.
5. Browse the location where you want to save the resultant compacted Outlook data file.
6. The software automatically shows the current status of the process. Click on finish to end the process.
Features of Top-Rated PST Merge Software
- Precisely Merge all Outlook items such as emails, calendars, contacts, etc.
- Provided option to remove duplicate items from Outlook data file.
- No file size limitation.
- Merge ANSI and UNICODE PST files into a single UNICODE PST file.
- Compatible with Microsoft Outlook 2016 and Windows 10 OS.
The Last Line
Try a manual solution first to compact the PST file first. However, it is a very long and time-consuming process. But available for free.
Apart from this, multiple exotic solutions are available to compact Outlook PST files.
But do not waste time with reckless or vulnerable software. Always download and install software from a trusted software vendor. You can go with PST merge software discussed above. It easily and precisely merges multiple Outlook PST files.