Chrome Webstore is full of extensions for every purpose. You can find apps and extensions for personalization, accessibility, art & creativity Extensions, toolkits, games, digital marketing, social, music, business, and many more.
Apart from that, you will also find tons of chrome extensions to improve your productivity. There is an extension for almost everything you can do on the web except for illegal activities.
To help users increase their productivity, Google Chrome has pushed tons of extensions by Google and third-party developers. Nowadays, people use Google Chrome in a customized manner that makes their tasks really easy to do.
Best Chrome Extension For Productivity
Using chrome extensions not only reduces unnecessary efforts but increases productivity as well. If you choose the right chrome extension for you, you can definitely utilize it at the right place and expect desired results.
There are different productivity apps available that you can use by login into those apps, but Chrome extensions are easy to use, and most of them are free.
So here are some of the top chrome extensions that will be productive and let you become more focused and consistent in every manner.
1. Grammarly For Chrome
If you are not aware of what Grammarly is, I will let you know about the same. Grammarly is a helpful extension for Chrome that helps correct sentences and grammatical errors we often make while writing essays, articles, and any English content.
You can quickly check your content and change it in just a few taps. When you install this extension, it works on every Google Chrome page like you are searching for anything or typing the content.
It auto-corrects all the grammatical mistakes in Gmail, Linkedin, Google Search, and everywhere else you write using Google Chrome. They offer their native apps as well that you can use on Microsoft word and other supported apps.
- It helps in correcting grammatical errors
- Suggests better words for your content
- It helps in Detecting Plagiarism
- It helps in analyzing the tone of the article/ content.
- It suggests misspelled and repetitive words.
- Easy account login by installing the Grammarly chrome extension.
The free version offers basic grammar and spelling checks. You can opt for the full version, with many other features, to make your writing stand out. It can suggest better words, active-passive voices, tips to improve sentences, etc. Just give it a try. You won’t regret it.
2. Session Buddy
Did you accidentally close the tab/chrome browser, or did the computer shut down unexpectedly? You may lose your work; then session buddy is a rescue.
This extension helps you manage the tabs left open so that it can help you clear unnecessary opened things. The extension is handy as it never lets losing the work that you are working on.
The tabs and the windows open are safe while using Session Buddy. It is a fantastic session cum bookmark manager which helps you recover the tabs you lose unintentionally.
It keeps track of all your activities and recovers the sessions you had to make, which does your search and work easy. Session buddy chrome extension keeps a record of your sessions and improves your productivity.
- You can automatically recover the tabs that were open earlier
- It is easy to save opened accounts for later use.
- You can manage tabs and bookmarks easily with Session Buddy.
- You can easily switch your tabs and restart working where you left off.
- Easy to create sessions from a list of URLs.
3. Productivity Owl
The meaning is hidden in the name itself, the extension allows you to stay productive forever, and the owl keeps following you.
The moment it notices you are not being productive, it attacks the page and closes your tabs. It also blacklists useless websites on your computer and shows you the right direction to be productive.
Whenever you are on a particular website, the productivity owl stays active on every site and estimates the time you spend on a site. The best thing is that it auto closes a site if the owl feels you are overspending your time on a website.
- It helps you in staying productive every moment.
- It has a save for later feature that helps to save certain items for future purposes.
- You can easily put useless websites in your blocklist.
- The owl starts screeching at you when you interfere between the closing tabs.
- It can block the sites that are not important to you.
A handy extension allows you to save the content you are browsing or working on. The amazing thing about it is that after saving it, you can read it later on your iPhone/ Android Device.
The best thing about using it is the content is easily viewable offline. Just like you can carry things in your pocket, the get pocket extension allows you to save and have various websites and important links.
The commendable thing about using the extension is it works even if you do not have a proper internet connection.
You can save content from Reddit, Pinterest, stories from Flipboard, and thousands of other websites which offer a “Save to Pocket” button. You can copy the link to your Pocket account even if you don’t find an option to save to pocket.
- The extension works even when you are offline.
- You can view your documents anytime with just a one-tap click.
- It comes with a premium version as well.
- Perfect to use whenever you are traveling.
- It works as a permanent library for your articles/content.
They also have premium services to create custom fonts, an endless library, absolute highlights, and many more.
Don’t Forget to Read – How to Schedule Emails in Gmail to Send on a Later Date
5. One Tab
One Tab is another top chrome extension for productivity. With One Tab, you don’t need to worry about working while opening too many tabs. It is easy to convert all your tabs into one Tab while using one Tab.
You can restore all your tabs easily when you need to work on them. One Tab reduces the number of tab openings and makes using Chrome easy. It is a memory savor as it converts all the tabs into a single tab and will also help reduce memory issues with Google Chrome.
This extension does reduce the RAM usage by Google Chrome by combining multiple Tabs into a single tab. It also reduces the scripts used by different websites and hence reduces the CPU load.
- Convert all your tabs into one Tab.
- Easily Import and export all the tabs as a list of URLs.
- You can create a web page from the list of tabs you save.
- It is easy to share your tabs with other people.
- Easy Drag and Drop of Content lists.
6. Tracking Time
The extension helps in managing projects and tracking work time with productivity. You can organize your client’s work and projects and complete them in the dedicated time.
TrackingTime helps create in-depth time analytics and performance reports that make tasks easy. It gives you the exact track of your working hours on any website.
The extension suits project managers and freelancers who want to plan the best time of their schedule.
- Keep proper track of your work activities.
- It helps in creating analytics and performance reports.
- Allows you to measure employee productivity
- It helps in improving project budgeting.
- It allows you to measure how productive your employees are.
Trello is a project management software that provides crucial information in one place. You can easily manage the allocation of tasks, projects, and other details through the extension.
It is easy to manage small programs through the extension, which helps in saving time. Trello tells you what you are precisely working on, creates many boards, and easily monitors them.
You can allocate tasks to your team and even track them in real-time. Trello is one of the best chrome extensions for productivity since you can manage your tasks without wasting time.
- Enables users to access boards very quickly.
- It is easy to create cards while using the Chrome extension.
- You can search for boards without even opening the website.
- It helps to link Gmail to Trello and access it with email.
- Easy to upload attachments and files.
You can check everything from broken links to duplicate and copied content on the website. You are free to test as many sites as you want.
- Quick and easy to install while using chrome extension.
- It helps in detecting technical SEO Bugs and errors.
- You can do a proper site analysis and audit.
- After fixation, it gives you instant feedback as well.
- Easy share and export of reports and further data.
It is a savior for people who are bad at keeping passwords. The extension saves you from keeping the same passwords for every website.
Whenever you keep the same password for any website, it will start showing errors, and recommend changing the password.
Just save all your usernames and passwords to the last pass, and the moment you want to log in to any other site, it will automatically login you to that site. You need to remember the master password for the Last Pass.
You can log in to any other site using your master password.
- It helps in managing everything from a simple search
- Add, edit, view, delete and organize your passwords anytime.
- LastPass can be used on any computer, laptop, phone, or tablet
- When you save it on one device, it is easy to access anything on other devices.
- It maintains authenticity and online security.
It is an exciting productivity extension for Chrome that transforms boring google pages into an interesting and attractive ones. It brings out new inspiring photos daily and provides catchy quotes and wallpapers while working on Chrome.
With the momentum, it is easy to track what you are doing and your to-do’s, and the best thing being it provides a reminder of the task you are into every day.
- It gives you a new inspirational photo and quotes each day
- You can customize your dashboard by hiding/ showing widgets.
- It helps in setting your uptime and downtime with Balance mode.
- It shows a bookmarks bar on the new Tab when you open them.
- You can check the weather and forecast report as well.
Working online is distracting; you can easily divert your mind to other things than being productive. Even if you are not working online, these productivity extensions will still help you stay focused.
Some of these extensions will help you organize your work effectively so that you can work on a particular task. There are some other extensions available, but these were our top picks for productivity extensions.
Also Read –