Facebook accounts can only be accessed by logging in using the associated email ID or phone number and password. If you have forgotten your Facebook password, then you can easily retrieve it. This can be done either from your device if you have saved it on your smartphone or from the browser. You can even choose to reset the password of your Facebook account if none of these methods help.
As you cannot see your Facebook password from the app or the website despite being logged in. You are certainly capable of changing your Facebook password only if you know the current password. On the contrary, if you do not know the current password, you can either retrieve it from your device or you can reset it overall.
Ways to see your Facebook Password if you forgot it
At times when you might have logged into the Facebook app or on the website and saved the password for later use. This saved password can conveniently be retrieved from your device or the browser with the help of the methods mentioned below.
Method 1: See Your Facebook Password From The Device
If you are using an Android smartphone, then possibly you might have saved the password in your Google account. Try to find the password from your Google account.
1. Start by going to Settings on your Android device.
2. Now, go to the Google option.
3. Tap on Manage your Google account.
4. Click on Security options from the top and tap on it.
5. Scroll down to the bottom to find and tap on the Password Manager option. (Password manager contains all your saved passwords.)
6. Now, search for Facebook, and if its password is saved on your device, then you will get a Facebook option.
7. Tap on the Facebook option. Then provide your phone security PIN or password.
8. Now, tap on the eye button to see your Facebook password. You can even copy the password to use it anywhere you want.
Method 2: Use the Browser To Find Your Password
Using this method, you can find your saved password from the browser. At times you may have logged in to Facebook on the browser and might have saved the password on the browser itself. So you can retrieve the saved password from the browser.
1. Start by going to the Menu option.
2. Tap on Settings.
3. Now, click on Passwords. (Here, you will find all of your saved passwords on the Google Chrome browser)
4. Search for Facebook. (If your password is saved into your browser, then you will see Facebook in this long list)
5. Tap on Facebook and then click on the eye button.
6. Lastly, provide your phone security PIN or password.
7. Now, you will be able to find your Facebook password you can copy and use it.
If you are using a PC/Laptop, then you can open your browser and check for the saved password. All major browsers offer a feature to save the password. Generally, you need to go to the menu and saved data.
See your Facebook Password on iOS Devices
iPhone users can even retrieve their saved password from iOS. If you have logged into Facebook and saved the password on your iPhone or any other iOS device, then you can easily retrieve it. All the saved passwords go into the Keychain.
1. Start by opening the Settings app.
2. Scroll down to find the Password option and tap on it.
3. Provide the password or Face ID of your iPhone.
4. Now, search for the Facebook option. (If it is saved on your iOS device, then you can easily retrieve it from here)
5. Lastly, copy the password from the keychain and use it to log in to Facebook.
Reset Your Facebook Password
If you do not find Facebook passwords saved on your device or the browser. Then you can reset your Facebook password using your email id or phone number.
1. Go to the Facebook login page and click on “Forgotten Password.”
2. Enter your email or phone number and click on Search.
3. Select an option to receive the verification code. Or you can use your Google account.
4. Enter the code to verify and reset your password.
Overall, you have many options to find your saved Facebook password, or if you can’t find then reset it.
This method is not limited to a particular application like Facebook, as you can retrieve any saved password of your device or browser.
Yes, you can conveniently access your Facebook account password by retrieving the password saved either on your device or the browser used by you to log in to your Facebook account.
Your Facebook account can easily be recovered using the email or phone number linked to your Facebook account. Just click on “Forgotten Password” and verify using a code sent to your email or phone.
You can swiftly retain your Facebook account by using a mobile number or alternate email id that has been previously verified with your Facebook account.
Opt for Use Facebook’s Trusted Friends feature to access forgotten credentials of your Facebook account without phone number or email, or password.