Facebook became an honest medium for communication with friends and family, many folks uses Facebook for their business purpose additionally, probably it is best way to stay in touch with our older friends, loved one and acquaintance, Apart from connecting people Facebook is also invading privacy, many people upload their photos, update location, by which other can know what you are doing and where you are, over sharing your location might me harmful to you as there are many cases came in existence where people are being victim of crime.
Facebook features a feature where the opposite party is notified once you read their message. Sometimes you may not want this for privacy reasons. Lets say someone sent you message and you read their message may be you don’t want to reply but as you opens their message they get a Seen notification in message box, sometime it irritates you because you have to reply to their message to maintain relation with them otherwise they may suppose you do not need to speak to them, this could be a headache, you just can’t simply ignore an annoying person on Facebook chat. Here is a way by which you can disable seen feature from your Facebook on Google Chrome and Firefox browser.
How to Disable Seen Feature from Facebook
This feature can be disabled from Facebook using Chrome extension and Firefox add-ons, if you want to disable seen feature then follow these steps for these browsers.
1. Disable Seen Feature Using Google Chrome
If you are Google chrome user then you have to download and install this extension
1. Go to this Link and download Facebook Unseen Extension.
2. Click on Add and then hit OK to confirm the installation.
Once you add this extension in chrome nobody will get notified when you see their messages additionally you will get an option to turn it ON and Off.
2. Disable Seen Feature on Mozilla Firefox
1. Go to this Link using Firefox, and you will get this screen –
2. Click on Yellow button to enable this add-ons on Firefox, once it is added in Firefox Facebook message recipient won’t get any notification that you have Seen their message. It will be activate & Off by reaching to add-ons section.
How these extension actually works ? Each of these extension blocks few lines of code being executed in browsers this code is responsible for generating Seen feature, date and time in Facebook message. Keep in mind that this works solely on the browser in which you installed extension if you login to another computer without extension this will not work, this also does not work on mobile devices.
- Also Read How to download Videos from Facebook