Do you have a Youtube channel and want to make it more popular by streaming live screen or record a nice tutorial while you’re ‘live‘, share ideas & reviews with video capture?
YouTube allows you to stream and record the computer screen in the simplest way, which also makes it a sharp tool to record special moments in a conversation via video conference.
Live streaming on YouTube is the new trend to interact with your viewers and subscribers, you can stream almost any video which follows the YouTube guidelines whether you want to stream from your phone, camera or desktop you can do it in simple ways.
Streaming from your phone is easy because you don’t need additional setup, but if you want to stream a professional conference, tutorial, gameplay or pre-recorded videos then you have to stream from the desktop.
While there are many software for live streaming on youtube, you can also stream your laptop PC screen without any additional software.
All you need to have the Google Chrome browser installed into your computer.
With basic technical skills, any user can create an event and choose if the video is private or public by going to Live Streaming option on YouTube.
You can start by accessing your YouTube account on the Chrome browser. Another advantage is that you do not need to download or install plugins on the Google’s native browser.
Everything is done right at the source. When you fully complete making a tutorial video, it is still possible to post the results straight on the channel without complexity.
You can manage and control it better with Hangouts, where the live stream is saved automatically to the list of videos on your YouTube account. So, let’s start to begin by making the most out of this platform for either a business or personal purposes.
How to livestream computer screen on Youtube?
Once you are on Google Chrome and logged into your YouTube account follow these steps.
1. Access your YouTube account from your computer and click on your “Profile” icon at the top right. Select “Creator Studio”.
Or you can directly visit the live streaming dashboard via this link for YouTube screen share – https://www.youtube.com/my_live_events?o=U
2. Access the menu on the left-hand side, and click on “Live Streaming”. It is crucial that your live stream is enabled, if not, you just have to click enable and follow the simple steps for verification.
You need to verify your YouTube account using a phone number to enable the live streaming feature on YouTube.
After everything is set, select “Events”. Click the “Create Live Event” button to create a new one. Customize it with basic information, give it a title. You can also tag your video to keep everything more organized.
3. Select “Private” or “Unlisted” if it is a private recording of the screen. Make sure you check the option “Quick (using Google Hangouts On Air)” & hit the “Go Live Now” button.
4. Confirm “Ok” to open the streaming screen.
5. In the next window, click on the “Camera” notice that it will turn red, which means the webcam was deactivated.
6. If you want to speak and make your tutorial or any other content more interactive for your viewers, you can enable the microphone to capture the audio or turn off the top icons as well.
7. After that hit the green button “Share Screen” on the top left side.
Another window will open (Your Entire Screen) check the blue button “Share”.
Choose “Full Screen” or one of the specific programs to stream and save the screen. Confirm on “Share” note that the screen will create a mirror effect with several reflections as you can see in the screenshot below. Now, hit “Present to Everyone”.
8. Click the green “Start Broadcast” button at the bottom of the screen and confirm “Ok”. Now you can stream your desktop screen live on YouTube.
If you want to stop streaming, flip it back in the major window and click “Stop” button at the top to end the streaming and recording of the screen.
Tips:- If you are skeptical about the above method to stream screen on YouTube then create a test account before going live on your main YouTube account, this will give you peace of mind if you do miss something or to avoid any embarrassment in front of your viewers.
If everything is working as expected on the test account implement the same technique to go live on your main YouTube account.
Locating your saved/recorded videos
Live streaming via Google hangout also works as a screen recorder for youtube, if you prefer to save and stream your video later or do not know where to find your contents, follow these steps.
It is worth mentioning that the greatest advantage of streaming on your Youtube channel is that the platform saves it all automatically, so you can only focus on keeping up your performance and producing consistent results.
1. Once you have finished streaming, access your YouTube account on your computer and click the “Profile” icon at the top right then select “Creator’s Studio”.
2. Access “Video Manager” on the left-side menu then hit “Videos”. Your screen recording will appear at the top of the list, with the title you chose.
3. Click “Edit” to check or add further details. You can manage the type of privacy. To download the video from external websites or show to friends, but without leaving public, with the “Not listed” option.
If you want to collect the link to share with friends on your social media, blogs and several other digital platforms, you can find the link (URL) on the right side or if you just want a quick check on the overall video presentation and the outcome of the recorded video.
That is it! You’ve made through this process in just a few seconds. Now, if you prefer, you can just download the screen recording or choose one of the many other options available in the “Edit” tab.
During the streaming event, you can add more options to interact with your viewers by enabling chat and creating cards. In addition, promote your video contents and increase user engagement by adding subtitles.
Bear in mind, it is essential that you download and install an audio and video encoder on your computer to perform live streaming on YouTube. This software is responsible for encoding media files, compressing the original format and uncompressing when you play on.
In the case of live broadcasts on YouTube, the encoders are entailed to compress the videos in the proper format.
The available encoder alternatives will depend on the configuration of your system. Generally, there are four programs that YouTube accepts: Wirecast, Game Capture HD, XSplit Gamecaster and XSplit Broadcaster.
But, what is the major purpose of installing them? Programs can capture desktop, camera, and microphone content. After downloading and installing the software of your choice, you will need to configure it so that you can then perform live videos with quality.
When everything is set, connect the encoder to your YouTube account to perform a live broadcast. There are two alternatives as mentioned above: “Broadcast Now”, faster and with fewer configuration possibilities, and “Events”, which can be tested before going online.
Also Read –