There’s no doubt that TeamViewer is the most widely used popular software for remote access on computers. Connections are no longer insecure or finicky like it used to be in the earlier days.
Users can easily use TeamViewer to access any remote computer securely over the internet. TeamViewer is known for its wide set of functionalities and features.
But, sometimes, it might not seem like perfect software to rely upon. That’s why you need TeamViewer alternatives to serve as a backup when you cannot use TeamViewer.
Therefore, the following list contains the best alternatives of TeamViewer, that you can try out.
10 Best Alternative to Teamviewer
You can try any of these tools to connect to the remote computer, every software has own features and limitations which are mentioned respectively.
Price: Free private usage; premium plans start at $79/year.
Platforms: Mac OS, Windows, Android, iOS, Linux, Raspberry Pi.
AnyDesk is the foremost alternative for TeamViewer. The software includes a lot of features, including the fastest transmission rates with screen sharing rated at almost 60 FPS.
The software introduces low latency between your actions so that you can quickly control your remote desktop. It supports all different platforms, including Mac OS, Windows, Linux, and etcetera.
In connection security, the software uses asymmetric encryption based on RSA 2048 along with the addition of TLS 1.2, which is the standard technology for banking transactions.
Therefore, your computer will be protected from any unauthorized access. You don’t have to worry about any attacks on your privacy. The software currently sits on its 4.0 version, including session recording, custom alias, file browser mode, terminal server support, and etcetera.
- The app is lightweight in terms of size of just 3 MB.
- It’s feature-rich and can be used on many platforms.
- The free version has no restrictions with the help of fast data transfers and low pings.
- There’s no such screen drawing feature in the current version
- It can be buggy sometimes.
Price: Free private usage; business plans start at $60 per user, per year.
Platforms: Android, Windows, iOS, Linux, Mac OS.
Splashtop is another alternative to Teamviewer, which is available for both businesses and individuals. The software comes free of cost. There can be some issues at your end of the installation, but once you get past that, the software is practically easy to use.
The application can be used for free only if you’re using up to five computers. You can also set up the software on Android and iOS too. It supports file moving, sound and video streaming with very low latency, thereby making it much simpler for you to work remotely, while still maintaining the security.
The solution provided by this software is amazing and will serve you good if you’re looking for remotely accessing websites and for doing small functions. It uses 256-bit and TLS encryption. With the help of the software, businesses can offer ad-hoc support to its clients.
- The software is easy to use with gesture support on its mobile apps.
- Audio and video can be transmitted in high-quality.
- Local networks can be used for the free variant.
- The paid plans are complicated and the CPU usage while using the software can be slightly high.
3. Zoho Assist
Price: Free with limited features; standard version at $8/month, professional at $13/month and enterprise at $21/month.
Platforms: iOS, Android, Mac OS, Windows, Linux.
There are various features that Zoho Assist does better than its other competitors, which makes it one of the very compelling TeamViewer alternatives in the long-run.
The software comes with a screen sharing feature, which can also be used on its mobile apps too. There’s the usual feature related to accessing any computer with the help of remote control.
The best thing about Zoho Assist is that you can customize the software according to your own needs and desires.
The software relies upon web-browser based actions, so there’s no need to download any software. Security is standard on this software with 256-bit TLS encryption. 365x24x7 support is also available through any medium.
- The software supports screen sharing feature and can be customized to your liking.
- There’s no need to download and install any program since it relies on web-browser actions.
- The free version has some restrictions and locked features.
Price: Free private usage; premium plans start at $19.99 per year.
Platforms: iOS, Mac OS, Windows, Android
If you want the simplest and fastest way to remote access your computer, there’s no better way to do it than Parallels Access. You can use the software via its mobile apps on iOS and Android too.
The connection is always constant when it comes to this device and actions via your Smartphone will be instantly recognized.
The desktop app for Parallels Access is just the same as accessing the same app remotely via your Smartphone. There is the ability to paste-copy files separately and precisely.
The software focuses more on a better mobile and desktop experience compared to TeamViewer which only focuses on having a desktop experience.
- The software works in full-window mode.
- For gesture and touch, it has amazing support.
- Can only work for accessing your computer from mobile devices, like tablets and Smartphone.
Price: Free trial for 21 days, after that $113 per year.
Platforms: iOS, Windows, Android
With the help of Supremo, which is one of the best alternatives to TeamViewer, you can either host a meeting with another person or just proceed to access any remote computer.
The software runs via its own web-browser, so you don’t need to install any program. It uses 256-bit TLS encryption, along with support for USilio, which is a console needed for the management for IT.
If you’re planning to run a business, you will be happy to know that you can customize its UI to display your company’s logo as well.
Showing off your company’s logo will help in creating brand awareness. The software is easy to use and integrates the usage of a protocol for powerful data transfers.
- There is no need for any software installation on your computer.
- It has a very clean and modern looking UI.
- It supports address book and also setting up of meetings too.
- The software is not available for the Mac OS platform and has no voice support as well.
6. Chrome Remote Desktop – Browser-based Alternative to TeamViewer
Price: Free to use.
Platforms: Android, iOS, Linux, Windows, Mac OS.
In case you don’t need remote access software regularly, then you can try out this option. It’s free and also easily accessible on almost all platforms, regardless. Even though the software is not as powerful as TeamViewer, it’s still perfectly capable of light tasks.
You can easily access a computer through your own computer’s Google Chrome web browser. Any short term ad-hoc service or long-term support for server access files and applications can be performed with the help of Google Remote Desktop.
The software is end-to-end encrypted and can work with any platform having the Chrome web-browser installed.
- Free to use and is easily available on all platforms.
- The software is very easy to access and can be quickly configured.
- There is a huge disparity in features when compared to TeamViewer, including security.
Price: Free for private usage; or enterprise uses direct contact with the developer is required.
Platforms: Mac OS, Android, iOS, Windows, Linux.
Another TeamViewer alternative when it comes to having remote access software. The program uses its NX technology to bring the best in class desktop experience, in terms of speed and quality.
You can easily stream not only audio but also video through your device. There’s also the support for transferring and accessing files too.
The software is free to use with no such restrictions in its free version. The free version also has no advertisements too.
- There’s an easy ability to stream video and audio through the software.
- It can be used to record your stream and there’s very minimal latency.
- The feature set is extensive and is free to use privately.
- It has limited compatibility when it comes to mobile devices.
- It can take a bit of learning to use the software.
8. Lite Manager
Price: Free; premium license starts at $10.
Platforms: Android, iOS, Mac OS, Windows, Linux.
Lite Manager can be used for distance learning educational programs, providing any kind of supervision to work employees and also allow support to users with the help of remote access.
The free version of the software allows you to control almost 30 computers altogether. After using the free version, if you’re happy with the service, you can get the paid version too.
The program asks a one-time payment for accessing all the features, throughout your lifetime use. Even though it’s not as feature-rich as TeamViewer, the one-time price paying plan can be a lifesaver for those who don’t want to pay subscription costs.
You can easily start a video or text chat, transfer and access files remotely, record your screens, etcetera.
- The UI is simple to understand and clear to read.
- It has support for audio, video and text chats.
- The free version is comparatively feature-rich to use.
Price: Free trial period; premium starts $1995 per year
Platforms: Chrome OS, Mac OS, Windows, Linux, Web rep Console, Telnet/SSH.
If your main concern is about security, then there’s no better software on the market to support that than Bomgar. None of the remote access software focuses so heavily on providing security as important as this one.
The program provides its users with an environment that is based on a single-user so that the data of one user doesn’t mix with another. The software also doesn’t need a VPN to bypass any company firewall, thus keeping the security intact.
The program also provides all the regular remote access features like TeamViewer.
There are options to customize your company’s branding inside the software, perform all kinds of auditing and compliance work by managing your whole team, integrate third-party applications into the software, etcetera.
- The software comes with its own vault to store all usernames and passwords.
- It has options to integrate third-party programs.
- The security of this program is industry-leading and state of the art.
- It has support for almost all major operating systems out there.
- The program needs a bit of a learning curve to understand.
- Pricing is a lot on the higher side.
Price: Trial period, after which costs $30 per month.
Platforms: Android, iOS, Mac OS, Windows
You will not only have the remote access to your computer but also aid in storing, sharing and collaborating on the files needed for your work requirements.
The difference between LogMeIn and other software is that you not only have remote access to your personal computer but also use it for your personal or professional work too. Thus, the software is a must for most professionals out there.
The program provides you with 1TB of cloud storage so you can use it to share files with your peers securely. There’s also support for mobile apps which makes it all the easier to access your desktop.
If you have an extensive set of files, LogMeIn is brilliant software to help your files to be accessed remotely, without you needing to carry it all along.
- The set up is very easy to do.
- Files can be easily transferred via drag-and-drop features.
- There is an ability to record your own sessions, and it has support for whiteboards.
- The chat and sound features are not up to the mark.
- There’s no free version.
All users have different tastes and preferences. Therefore, having more options is always a good thing. With more TeamViewer alternatives, you can now either use TeamViewer or any one of these featured programs or software.
Whether you’re looking for a free remote access software or better software providing premium features, you can your best fit software among this list.