At present instant messengers totally changed the way we communicate with each other. Instant messengers are there for a long time, when I started to use the internet for the first time I came to know that there is something called Yahoo Messenger, G-talk, and Orkut which let us communicate in real-time using text messages.
At that time there was no Android and other smartphones, and we had to use our computers mostly, also when it needed to send any file we were doing it over emails.
Nowadays everything has been changed since smartphones came into existence especially the Android smartphone. It is expected that mobile will be the primary device to connect to the internet by 2020.
Also, there are tons of instant messengers are available which does offers different features apart from real-time communication. But few instant messengers went too far in terms of popularity like WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Line, Wechat, etc.
You can send photos, videos, contacts, location, stickers, and emojis but when it comes to file type and size every IM has restrictions like you can’t send bigger files than 16 MB on WhatsApp also you can’t send pdf and other document files over IM.
If any IM allows you to share bigger files then there will be a huge burden on their servers, which will cost them a big chunk of the amount and there will be frequent outrage.
Send any file up to 1 GB on WhatsApp & Other IM using WhatsTools
There are several ways you can send big files on Whatsapp like, upload the file to Dropbox or Google Drive generate a shareable link, and send it using WhatsApp or Messenger.
The above task may be hectic since you have to upload the file and generate a shareable link every time you need to send a file, to automate and make this task easy as possible here comes WhatsTools which lets you send different file formats having size up to 1 GB.
How to Install WhatsTools
WhatsTools is currently available for Android smartphones only, it will be available for Windows phones soon according to the developers.
- First, download the WhatsTools from Play Store
- After installing WhatsTools, Open it and it will ask for permission to Start the WhatsTools Service.
- Once you tap on Turn On Service it will prompt for another pup up window tap OK, Continue there.
- It will take you to Settings > Accessibility check the bottom of the screen you will find WhatsTools Service, Tap on it and Turn ON the Service from the Right Top corner.
- Now it will ask for permission to connect with your Google Drive, authenticate the permission and connect Google drive to WhatsTools.
You may get the success message like – whatstools://connectwithgoogledrivesuccess OR whatstoolsservice success.
How to Use WhatsTools
Let’s WhatsApp for example.
- Open WhatsApp and tap of attachment option.
- Now WhatsTools will prompt for an option to send different files like this.
- Select the file type ( Archive, doc, ebook, etc) which you want to send.
- It will prompt you to choose files, select your file, and tap on the Share button.
- WhatsTools will generate a link for your file and copy it to the chatbox, all you need to do is hit send.
- The file will be uploaded to your Google drive in the background, you will see a WhatsTools folder in Google drive.
- The receiver needs to open that link to download the file.
- It generates a link that can be open into any browser on any device like iPhone, Windows phone, etc.
- The receiver doesn’t need WhatsTools to download the file.
- If you send a large file it will immediately generate the link and keeps uploading you may send that link and the receiver will get the option “Download when ready”. You can share that link on any IM.
So WhatsTools is going to be handy for most of the users who need files sharing over IM, it saves your time as you don’t have to manually upload and create a shareable link to the file every time.
Here is a little privacy problem that anyone having generated a link can view and download the file, if receiver further shares that link to their contact or in a group or on the web they all will be able to view the files, however, every file is under your control you can always change the privacy of file by going to Google Drive, or delete it permanently.
If you send large files too frequently your Google Drive may get full in this case you have to delete old files in order to send new files again.
Conclusion – WhatsTools is a new way to send different file format on Whatsapp and other instant messengers having file size up to 1 GB, which saves your time and frustration.