Did you decide to migrate from iPhone to an Android device? If so, you’ll need to transfer iPhone contacts to Android device along with calendar events and important notes. There is a definite way to export calendar contacts from iCloud to Google.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to transfer iPhone contacts to Android in an easy and hassle-free manner.
Export your contacts via iCloud
- Open iCloud on your computer using a web browser and log in with your Apple ID and password.
- Then click on the “Contacts” option, then “All Contacts” to display your records on the right. Select your contacts using the key combination “Cmd+A” in Mac OS X or “Ctrl+A” in Windows or Linux.
- Click on the gear icon on the bottom-left and click on “Export vCard“.
Once you export the contacts, follow these steps to integrate them with Google.
- The .vcf file will be downloaded to your preferred destination folder. For the sake of this tutorial, let’s make it to Desktop.
Importing contacts through Google Mail (GMAIL)
- Open Gmail, then top-left choose Contacts.
- In the next page, click “Import contacts” and then select “Choose file“.
- Find the previously downloaded “.vcf” file from your desktop.
Find & Merge duplicate contacts
- Once this is done, a red alert should appear: click on “Find and merge duplicate contacts“, select the records that should be merged and end the process in “Merge“.
Sync your Google account with your Android
The iPhone Contacts merged through Gmail for browsers can be added to your Android device.
If you have not yet connected the new phone, you can select the synchronization function during the email account registration. If you have already activated your phone with a Google address, automatic sync is also possible.
- Open the “Settings” and tap “Accounts and sync“. Note: The interface may vary depending on the device and version of Android installed
- Select “Google” as the source for data synchronization.
- The same Google account used during the merging of contacts must be used.
- Click on the three points and activate the service in “Synchronize now”.
How to add transferred iPhone contacts to Android?
Warning: This option is dedicated to users who do not have a synchronized Google account. Contacts can be manually synced using the steps described above.
- Send the .vcf extension to your mailbox and open an email service on your mobile phone, such as Gmail.
- Send the .vcf file to your own email and then download it.
- Download the file and then slide the notifications screen down. Tap on the notification alert and choose a subsequent action to perform.
Both methods mentioned above should help you to transfer iPhone contacts to Android device.
If you face any issue during exporting or importing the contacts then feel free to comment.
Advice from the editorial staff: in case you need to transfer files from Android phone to Mac, you can try Commander One — a file manager that could be a great alternative to the native Android File Transfer app.