Istartpageing is another unwanted browser redirect that keeps you redirecting to different rogue websites and shows you annoying advertisements again and again.
This adware generally comes with free software, pirated programs, and from rogue websites. Like if you are looking for any crack or keygen of any software, then you may end up installing those bogus programs, and you get affected by istartpageing on all browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
Sometimes you install free programs that also offer you to install such kind of adware, and you click on the Next and Next options very fast without unchecking these options.
Remove Istartpageing Adware from Windows PC
Once the sneaky redirect gets into your Windows 7, 8.1, or 10, you need to remove associated program files and registry entries from the computer.
Follow these steps to remove istartpageing browser redirect-
- First of all, close all the browsers and other running programs.
- Right, Click on Taskbar and open Task Manager.
- Go to the Processes tab, and check the Background Processes. If you find any unusual process, then Right Click on it and hit End Task below is the list of such processes –
- Any other process having .tmp extension.
- Now Open Control Panel and go to Program and Features.
Once you open the Program and features, you will find the list of all installed programs on your computer. Now, you have to look for the following programs. If you find any of them, then double-click and uninstall it.
- Cinema plus HD
- Youtube downloader
- Daily PC scan
- Shopper Pro
- Browser protect
- Video Saver
- Less Tab etc
But if you remove these programs using Windows uninstaller, you won’t be able to remove their registry entries and leftovers. To uninstall them completely, you need to download Iobit Uninstaller, download and install IObit uninstaller, open it, and uninstall these programs.
Select the program and click on Uninstall. After uninstalling, perform a Powerful Scan; it will find all the leftovers and registry entries, select them all and delete them.
After uninstalling bogus programs and deleting the leftovers Click on Toolbars and Plugins.
Find the unwanted plugins and extensions, and check their publisher and rating according to that you can differentiate between good and bad extensions,
You may find any of these extensions and plugins listed below-
- Extension Rush
- Cinema Plus
- iQiyi Browser plugin
- npWeb Player
- Object Browser
- Any kind of Chinese extension
Select all bad extensions and Remove them.
All the steps listed above will remove the root cause of istartpageing.com, like associated programs, files, and registry entries. Now we have to clean all the browsers by changing their settings and removing extensions and add-ons.
Remove istartpageing from Google Chrome
To remove istartpageing[dot]com completely from Google Chrome, follow the steps listed below-
1. Open Google Chrome and go to Chrome Options by clicking on 3 little dots at the Top-Right corner.
2. Go to Settings and click on Set Pages, remove istartpageing, and other unwanted URLs, and hit OK.
3. Under the Search option, change your default search engine and click on Manage Search Engines. Now, you need to delete unwanted search engines, including istartpageing.com.
4. Go to Extensions by clicking on the Extensions option on the left side and remove rogue extensions. If you don’t know which extension is good and which is lousy, try searching for that extension on Google, and you’ll get the answer.
The above steps will remove istartpageing.com from Google Chrome. You can also try resetting Google Chrome without reinstall, which will instantly remove istartpageing from Chrome.
Remove From Mozilla Firefox
Istartpageing is a kind of adware that affects every browser. If you have Firefox installed on your Windows computer, then follow these steps to remove istartpageing.com from Firefox –
1. Open Firefox and go to Menu from the top right corner and click on Options; it will take you to preferences. Now you need to change your Homepage.
2. Go to the Search option from the left panel, change your default search provider and delete istartpageing.com and other unwanted search engines.
3. Again, go to the Firefox menu and click on Add-ons. It will take you to the extensions page. Now remove all the bad extensions, including istartpageing. You can check such extensions on Google to find what they do, and according to that, remove bogus extensions.
4. Go to the address bar, type about:config and hit Enter on your keyboard; click on I’ll be careful, I promise! and search for istart in the search box.
You will get every preference having istartpageing in their value; all you need to do is Right-click on these preferences and hit Reset.
Again search for browser.newtab.url in the search box. You also need to Reset this preference.
Now you won’t get istartpageing.com on Mozilla Firefox anymore. You also reset Mozilla Firefox, which will remove istartpageing.com and other related adware.
Removal from Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is an inbuilt browser by Microsoft into every Windows computer then obviously, it will also be affected by istartpageing.com adware, to clean Internet Explorer, follow these steps-
1. Open Internet Explorer and go to Gear Menu in the Right-Top corner. From there, click on Internet Options. Alternatively, you can open internet options from the control panel.
Delete istartpageing.com and change your homepage, click on Apply, then OK.
2. Again, go to the gear menu and click on ManageAd-Ons this time. It will open a list of add-ons and other options to change search providers and Tracking Protection.
If you find istartpageing and any other bogus extension, then select it and hit Disable.
3. Go to search providers, find unwanted search engines, and remove them.
Also Read– How to permanently disable Internet Explorer
Once you are done with all these steps, Internet Explorer will work as usual without having a redirect.
Watch this Video Tutorial
This antivirus comes free for 30 days, completely removing all kinds of malware from your Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and Windows 10 computers. It will also delete all the bad cookies and tracking programs.
If you get into any trouble, please comment below, and we will help you to remove such kind of adware entirely from your computer.