Screen mirroring is a technique that allows you to display or control the screen of your small devices to your big ones or vice versa for a better viewing experience. Screen mirroring apps allows you to cast one screen to another. This technology is something very new to the technology world that is slowly but surely gaining momentum.
If you want to watch a movie on your mobile on a bigger screen, play games on a big screen, or want to remotely work on your mobile/ tablet rather than on your laptop/ pc, screen mirroring will come to the rescue.
Screen mirroring is also very handy for displaying your device screen (and hence, its contents) in smart televisions. Whether you are a student or a worker, screen mirroring can help you in either case to display your work on different platforms.
There are various screen-mirroring apps that have been developed by now to support different operating systems.
Here in this article, we will focus on the eight best screen mirroring apps for android to mirror your phone to a computer or smart television.
10 Best Screen Mirroring Apps For Android Devices
You will have a lot of options to choose from among the screen mirroring apps. The apps that we have listed here are accessed depending on their features, ease of connectivity and usability, and also the reviews from their customers.
1. Airdroid – Remote access & File
When it comes to screen mirroring with near real-time interaction, then Airdroid is your rescue. Airdroid lets you connect your Android to your PC/Mac on a local network.
You don’t need an internet connection to mirror your Android screen to the computer. This app allows you to access your Android device, and you can also transfer files from your computer to an android phone and vice versa.
Just connect your Android and PC to the same local network i,e the same WI-FI network. If you don’t have wi-fi, then you can turn ON the hotspot on your phone and connect your computer to the hotspot.
The best thing about Airdroid is that you don’t need to install its native software on your computer. Once you have installed the app on your android device, it will show you some options.
Choose the AirDroid web, which will show you some local URLs, type in the local URL on the browser of your computer and tap “Accept” on your android.
Now you would be able to see your android screen on the computer browser.
From there, click on the “Screenshot” option, and you will be able to mirror the android screen to the computer. You can choose the auto-rotate option on the phone to get a full-screen experience.
- Easily mirror your Android Screen to a PC/Mac.
- It allows you to transfer files from android to a computer over the local network.
- Turn ON the phone camera from the PC.
- Get all notifications on the computer.
- Manage your SMS and Contacts from your PC.
- Make and Answer calls from PC.
- Remotely access your device.
The mirrored screen may get laggy if you select high quality.
TeamViewer provides smooth, fast, and secure remote access to your PC, laptop, or tablet from your mobile phone. You can also control other mobile devices that have access permission to administer.
It lets you manage unattended devices as if you are just in front of them. The unique features of the app include-
- Screen sharing between multiple devices and complete control over them.
- It lets the user transfer files in any direction, i.e., from the controlling device to the controlled equipment or from the monitored device to the controlling device.
- You can also manage your contacts in both systems through the app.
- HD sharing enables you to watch your favorite movies and other videos on a bigger screen, and that too in High definition mode.
- Security is paramount while using the app. While controlling one device from the other, you do not have to worry about security breaches or any data theft.
- The app also features intuitive touch and control gestures for the convenience of its users.
The app has over 50 million downloads so far. Here are the pros that have made it possible and also the cons, which need to be rectified to grow the user base-
- The app is straightforward and intuitive to use.
- There is no background or hidden data consumption from the app.
- High-security standards differentiate TeamViewer from all its competitors.
- Recently, there were instances when users were locked out of their system in the name of “commercial use.” They needed to fill a form to get access to the system.
- The app does not refresh well. It requires a force reset.
3. Microsoft Remote Desktop
The app helps to seamlessly connect to a remote PC/ desktop with a Windows system or a virtual app from a mobile phone. Its features include-
- Apart from remote access to PCs with the Windows operating system, the app also allows access to remote resources.
- It supports Windows gestures by providing a rich multi-touch experience.
- The high-security standards ensure the safety and confidentiality of user data.
- The app lets the user manage his contacts, accounts, and even getaways through it.
- Are you looking for an app to stream movies and videos with the highest quality screening? Microsoft remote desktop app will give you exactly that!
The app has over 10 million downloads so far, and it is ever-increasing.
- The app is feature-rich, convenient to use, and fully functional, which makes it one of the best screen monitor apps.
- Although the app is feature-rich, it is easy to use and navigate.
- There are instances when using a keyboard through the app, some keys and the cursor gets unresponsive.
- The app sometimes messes up the arrangements of your PC. The folders may change places and become hard to find.
Apowermirror app allows its users to control their PC from the android phones and vice versa, using a mouse and keyboard. The app is also available for devices with the iOS operating system.
- Share your PPT with your friends and colleagues, watch a movie on the big screen, play your favorite game in high resolution throughout the mirror, and control feature of the Apowermirror app.
- The app also enables the recording of your mobile screen activities with no hustle. The screenshot option is also available for the users.
- The app not only screens the android interface on PC but also shows up any new notifications, such as incoming calls and messages on the phone.
- Apowerapp gives you the option to connect your phone via USB or wireless network to your PC.
The above features make Apowerapp one of the best android apps for screen mirroring your mobile on your PC. The app has over 1 million downloads now. Here are the pros and the cons-
- The app is very professional to work on with almost no lag time.
- There is one free month trial for the premium version of the app. You can test all the features before purchasing it.
- The customer service of the app is of very high quality.
- The app requires too much access to the data of both the mobile and the PC.
- It does not work correctly on some devices. For example, the side sync feature does not work in Samsung Galaxy S9 devices.
5. Airserver connect
Airserver Connect is an incredible, feature-rich mirroring app that connects to Airserver.
- The App lets the user project their mobile phone screen on multiple devices, all at the same time.
- The quality of the picture is outstanding, even after screen mirroring.
- The app has a QR code scanner that allows connection with Airserver in restricted networks.
The Airserver Connect app has over 1 million downloads in the Google Playstore so far. The pros and the cons include-
- The app has zero lag time while connecting a phone to a PC.
- The image quality is top-notch.
- The app has no audio support, which is a big minus.
- The app has some issues with android 9.0 and higher versions.
6. VNC viewer
This is another one of the best screen monitor apps to control your PC with your mobile from anywhere remotely. The features include-
- The app connects your mobile to the remote PC via its cloud service.
- The user can back up and sync with the connection between every pair of devices.
- The app supports Bluetooth keyboard and mouse.
The app has over 1 million downloads in the play store, with 4.7 ratings out of 5.
- The speed, response, and easy controls are the most significant assets of the app.
- The free version of the app is enough for personal usage.
- The app has no option for file transferring, unlike some screen mirroring apps.
- Also, the user cannot control the resolution of the screen while mirroring.
7. AnyDesk Remote Control
AnyDesk is arguably the fastest and most affordable remote control app, which makes it one of the best android apps for screen mirroring.
- The app has a high frame rate, 60 fps constantly. It makes the mirroring process smooth.
- The app has low latency, which minimizes the lag between two screens.
- The relaxed remote maintenance feature helps the user in a secluded setup of new tools.
The app has over 5 million downloads in the play store.
- Fast and secured mirroring app.
- Intuitive and easy to use.
- Sometimes, the SSL error is an issue with the app.
- The app is not fully compatible with all devices.
It allows android screen mirroring to PCs, laptops, and televisions. The features of the app include-
- The users can showcase their presentations, videos, and demo apps to their friends, colleagues, and family.
- The app also allows the recording of the mirroring screen.
- There is no lagging time, even while performing heavy tasks, such as playing video games.
The app has over 1 million downloads in the Google Play store.
- Low latency and hence, zero lag time.
- Seamless mirroring with high-quality images.
- The audio streaming during mirroring requires root privileges.
- Some particular features do not work on selected devices.
9. Chrome Remote Desktop
It is another exciting screen monitor app from Google that can also be used as an extension on the browser. Once you install the remote desktop app on your android device, you need to get the chrome extension on your laptop/PC.
make sure you are logged in to the app and extension using the same email account to access your computer to the mobile device.
- The app works as a chrome extension.
- It allows multiple screens mirroring at the same time.
- It works in full-screen mode and has ad hoc remote support.
The chrome app has over 10 million downloads by now.
- The app is intuitive and easy to use.
- Free of cost.
- The app is slow at times.
- It does not work well with non-Gboard keyboards.
It is a free screen mirroring app by Apowersoft that is compatible with multiple platforms and devices. LetsView allows you to mirror your phone to PC/Mac with a few clicks.
LetsView supports Miracast and Airplay protocols which allows you to mirror live-streaming apps with near real-time interaction. You can share gaming sessions on a bigger screen with the audience, like PUBG, COD, etc.
In order to use letsView mirroring, you need to connect all devices to the same Wi-Fi network. And also, install the native app to PC/Mac.
- Mirror your phone to the computer without the internet.
- Almost real-time interaction.
- It also mirrors audio to the PC/Mac.
- You can screen mirror AR, VR apps, and drones.
- Easily connect your device using a PIN or QR code.
- Some users have reported a connection issue.
- You may face no sound during the computer cast.
So, these were some of the best android apps to mirror your phone to your PC or TV. The next time you feel like changing screens, try out these exciting apps.
Also Read –