While surfing the web you may face several problems, sometimes web pages fails to load completely, server error, slow loading of pages, site getting stuck, and many other type of errors, one of them is totally different that it affects only a few websites so that some website stops loading or opening in any browser, website not loading error is really annoying especially when all other sites are working fine and only some “website not loading” or not opening in any browser.
You may have tried many different solutions to fix this error like restarting the router and computer, tried safe mode in Windows, disabling few windows services and if it is still not working for you then probably you came to right place.
Why are Some Websites not loading?
Try to recall what you were doing before getting this annoying issue? Were you installing a new software, patch, crack, keygen? Or maybe you just start getting this issue without doing anything.
This problem occurs when a program tries to change DNS server address of your computer and affects it in different ways like it tries to change proxy settings, DNS address, and other connection settings.
OR your ISP is having the problem with their default DNS server address.
Both of above are the reason for Website are not loading error.
How to Fix Website Not Loading Error
Here are some tips and tricks you can try but the most successful solution is to change your ISP’s DNS to Google’s public DNS.
Change DNS server address
Follow the steps below-
1. Go to Start and open control panel.
2. Look for “Network and sharing center” and open it.
3. Find your network interface, in simple words internet connection name and click on it.
4. Now you will get another window with connection status, click on Properties here.
5. Under properties double click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
6. Now another dialog box will appear with IP address and DNS server address, here you need to select “Use the following DNS server address” and assign following DNS address
- Preferred DNS server: 188.8.131.52
- Alternate DNS server: 184.108.40.206
Above DNS server address is Google’s public DNS which is one of the fastest DNS servers around the globe.
7. Now hit OK to every dialog box to save the changes you made.
Try to visit the affected websites now, if they work then great if not try restarting your computer.
If those websites are still not opening even after restart the follow below.
1 . Detele temporary files – Press Win+ R key together on your keyboard, type %temp% in “run” dialog box and hit OK, it will take you to the temporary files, select them all and delete.
2. Delete history, cache and cookies from browsers.
3. Reset your browsers to their default settings.
4. Check the Hosts file in Windows if a particular website is not working.
Go to My Computer > C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc locate Hosts file and open it with notepad if you find that particular website listed there then put # before the site name or delete the site from hosts file and save it.
A normal hosts file will look like above picture, if you have something different then make it like this.
Restart your computer and try to open affected sites, if they are still not opening then Reset your router and modem, you may need to contact your ISP for proper configuration.
How to fix website not loading error on Mac OS X.
1. If this happened for the first time try restarting your Mac.
2. Try clearing browser history cache and cookies, clean your browser using free cleaning tool Ccleaner. Ccleaner is a popular tool for both Windows and Mac and it work well with every browser like Safari, Chrome, Firefox etc.
Change DNS server address to Google Public DNS
- From the Apple menu, click on Preferences. And the below window will appear.
2. Select Network and you will get another window as below. Select your network interface by default, the active internet connection is already selected.
3. Once selected the network connection click on the Advanced option and from the next window select DNS.
4. Click on “+” to add new DNS server address, if it has already any other DNS server then remove them by clicking on “–” sign.
5. Add new DNS server 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168 (Google DNS)
6. Click OK and Apply to save the changes.
Now try to visit those sites, if it still does not work then restart your Mac.
You can also use OpenDNS by Cisco instead of Google DNS.
OpenDNS server address is:
22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199
I hope above solution work for you, whether it is working or not please let me know in comments.